Why Roofing Contractors Use Tag & Stick Underlayment
Most roofing contractors have been in the roofing industry for years. They have seen it all and know what works best for their customers. To give the best roofing customer satisfaction experience possible, it’s crucial that they use the best tools and materials. When it comes to roof underlayment, they prefer using Tag & Stick’s modified 2-ply roof underlayment.
Let’s look at some of the main reasons why this product is so advantageous to roofing contractors.
Alternatives Are Messy And Dangerous
Let’s look at one of the standard methods used by roofing contractors:
Whenever you see roofers operating with a fire and a kettle, the work they’re doing is most likely hot mopping. In this process, asphalt chunks are melted down into liquid form. From the melting pot, the hot tar is then poured over the roof decking and left to harden.
This process can be dangerous as the contractors are working with flammable substances on the roof. Once the tar is applied to the decking, it can’t be removed.
Tag & Stick’s Modified 2-Ply System
Having been in the roofing industry for many years, the creators of Tag & Stick knew that a superior solution was required to fix 2 main problems:
- Poor adhesion to roof decking
- Overly robust adhesion to roof decking
In the case of poor adhesion to the decking, the underlayment would come loose as moisture, wind, and dust affected it. This created immediate remedial action on the part of the roofing contractor to put new underlayment in place.
In the second case of underlayment that adhered well, another problem was noted. When removing the underlayment, parts of the decking would delaminate. The delamination can cause structural weaknesses in the roof. This would then necessitate re-sheathing the roof.
Using Tag & Stick has a few unique advantages that make a big difference to roofing contractors when applying underlayment:
- No hot tar, no torches. Since the underlayment is self-adhering, there is no need to melt asphalt down and mop it onto the surface.
- No deck priming needed. No tar means that no deck priming needs to take place. The primer only serves to assist the tar in adhering to the roof deck.
- Fewer materials, fewer trips. The underlayment only needs mechanical attachment. Materials are all held within the modified 2-ply roll.
- Can be removed. If you ever need to remove the underlayment in the future while preserving the decking, you can!
South Florida’s Premier Roof Underlayment Product
If you’re a roofing contractor in Broward, Palm Beach, or Miami-Dade Counties looking for a premium roof underlayment, then look no further. The benefits of using Tag & Stick speak for themselves. For more information on this excellent product, give us a call at 954-255-3107.