A Comprehensive Guide To Underlayment Installation
Tag & Stick roofing underlayment is an innovative product that provides an efficient and easy-to-install solution for roofing projects. Its adhesive backing allows for a quick and secure installation yet performs better than traditional fastening methods.
This underlayment is a protective barrier between the roof deck and the roofing materials, helping prevent leaks while protecting your home against moisture damage.
To prove how easy this underlayment installation is, Tag & Stick would like to share a step-by-step guide on how to do it. To ensure a durable and long-lasting roof, follow these simple steps.
Tag & Stick Underlayment Installation Guide
Proper Tag & Stick roofing underlayment installation is crucial to ensuring its effectiveness and longevity. How you ask? Well, improper installation can lead to water damage, leaks, and reduced energy efficiency, none of which are welcomed in a home or business.
To ensure that the correct techniques are used, an experienced and knowledgeable contractor should be consulted. This will maximize its benefits and ensure long-term protection for your roofing system.
For all of these reasons and more, Tag & Stick would like to share the best underlayment installation steps.
- With a half sheet of Tag & Stick, mechanically attach it to the sheathing with nails and tin tags, round cap nails, or approved fasteners.
- The eave metal needs to be then installed according to building codes.
- At intersecting Gables, the eave metal needs to be wrapped up the Gable and secured with approved fasteners.
- The second course of Tag & Stick should be applied with the adhesive portion directly over the half sheet.
- Secure the top edge, bottom edge, and side laps with approved fasteners.
- Compatible Flashing Cement will then be placed on the Woven Fabric that will receive a top layer of self-adhered Woven Fabric.
- Once everything is secured and aligned, the release film can be removed, and the self-adhered portion of the Tag & Stick can be stuck down.
- Each course of Tag & Stick should be applied by attaching the self-adhered portion to the mechanically attached portion of the previous course.
During the underlayment installation, it’s important to remember the Selvage portion of each course needs to be secured before the self-adhered Woven Fabric is stuck down.
By now, you may have noticed that this guide is a slightly simplified version of the Tag & Stick installation. For more information and precise measurements, take a look at our in-depth installation guide.
Why You Should Choose Tag & Stick
- Easy installation- The Tag and Stick design allows for quick installation, reducing labor time and cost.
- Durability- Tag & stick roofing underlayment is made of strong, tear-resistant materials, ensuring a long-lasting solution for the roof.
- Double layer barrier- The two-ply, reinforced fiberglass system offers a total of 115 mils of protection.
- Easy removal- its mechanical attachment means that it can be removed without damaging the underlying roof sheath.
- Safe to use- many of the traditional underlayment installation methods are dangerous and put workers at risk. Tag & Stick’s application removes the need for these methods completely.
Invest in Tag & Stick Today
Tag & Stick is the best roof underlayment and offers a multitude of benefits for your roofing system. From its protection against water damage to its easy installation, this underlayment solution is a smart choice for homeowners looking for peace of mind.
Its durability, breathability, and energy efficiency make it a cost-effective solution that will keep your roof performing at its best for years to come. With a seemingly never-ending list of benefits, choosing Tag & Stick as your roofing underlayment is a decision you won’t regret. So, call us today at 954-255-3107 to learn more.